Monday 12 December 2011

HF antenna for small gardens

I have a very small garden and have been operating HF using a mixture of antennas. 

My first experiment was with the Super Antenna MP1. I have been very happy with the results from this antenna. However I did need to modify the counterpoise radials  and make them longer than the ones supplied. 










I also have a Buddistick  This antenna is nice neat package, well built and fits into a tiny carry case. It is very easy to install and tune. 














At the National Hamfest I got hold of a device called called an UnUn 9:1 (unbalanced to unbalanced)  from SRC  



The 9:1 Unun is a transformer Bringing high values such as 450 Ohm's to a closer and more manageable 36 to 90 Ohms, thus allowing a much better match from your coax feeder to the random length.

No comments:

Post a Comment